Friday, February 13, 2009
Sweet Potato, Lentil and Spinach Curry
I just made this dish this afternoon and it came out great! I would recommend using a far bigger pan than you see in the photo but it's all I have right now. Every single ingredient in this curry is good for you, which makes it an awesome vegetarian addition to any meal.
2 small potatoes, diced
1 medium sweet potato, diced
5-8 cloves garlic, minced
about 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup or more frozen spinach
Salt and Pepper
Schawarma mix (can easily substitute some cumin and ginger, or other spice mix as desired)
Dried or fresh rosemary
1. Soak and drain lentils.
2. Saute garlic in some vegetable oil.
3. Add potatoes and sweet potatoes.
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cury and chili powder.
5. Add lentils and cover with water. Add some more curry powder and the schawarma seasoning.
6. Boil. Add the frozen spinach on top and mix in as it boils. Keep cooking until all ingredients are softened but still firm enough not to fall apart.
7. Serve with rice and enjoy!