Monday, June 29, 2009

Vegan Tzaziki- with a teaser



This plate was one of the most satisfying meals I have had in a long time. The teaser is I have made possibly the most simple and wonderful gluten free seitan ever! Stay tuned for the recipe. The tzaziki was the perfect compliment for my gryo flavored sietan, and is as simple as can be.

Vegan Tzaziki

1/2 container of Toffuti Sour Cream
2 Persian Cucumbers or 1 regular Cucumber
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt

Chop and mince the cucumbers finely and mix all ingredients together. Let sit in the fridge for an hour or two to let the flavors meld.

Thats it! This makes an amazing dip for cucumbers or chips, as well as a good filling for lettuce wraps. You can also make it non vegan by using regular sour cream or greek yogurt.


2 comments:

Danielle said...

Great recipe! I love tzaziki sauce but since I've become intolerant to dairy I thought I'd have to give it up... apparently I do not, thanks :)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have never heard of this but the ingredients say, "success."