Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mimi's Silky Vegetable Soup



4 cups water
1/2 onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 zuchini
1 carrot
1 stalk celery
2 baby sweey potatos(or a half of a large one)
1 medium red potato
Enough oil to cover botom of pan, or water to saute veggies in

Chop the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery until soft
Add in the water, zuchini, salt, pepper, sweet potato, and red potato
Cook until soft and falling apart(30 minutes to an hour)
Puree with a hand blender or regular blender
ENJOY!

5 comments:

FoodAllergyMom said...

Oh my goodness that sounds good on a cold gloomy day like today! I bet Nikki wouldn't even know there was zuchini in it (he he he). By red potatoes do you mean red skinned potatoes?

Sistercooks.blogspot.com said...

yea- hey since its all blended I'm sure the birthday girl wouldnt know the difference:-p Hey it has onion in it and my husband didnt know anything- he was too busy filling his face with it. The pot is almost gone, since he gobbled it down, I had some, and my daughter ate it- there is just enough for her dinner tonight... there is already a request for it for dinner friday night- My husband loved it so much he is willing to clean for me to making it :-D

HangryPants said...

I just love soup recipes! Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and Talia asked a question about baking squash seeds. When I was gutting the squash for the soup I just set the seeds aside. Then, I kind of rinsed them off and pulled of the squash strands. I tossed a little brown sugar and cinnamon on there and popped ‘em in the already warm oven (from roasting the vegetables) for about 10 minutes.

Sistercooks.blogspot.com said...

Thanks so much! I am thinking of making a butternut squash sauce tonight, just so I can do that! If I do, may I post your recipe on here if I credit you with it?

Vicki said...

I'll have to try this, it looks so easy and delicious!