Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tehini Sesame Noodles (gluten free, nut free, vegan)


I got my inspiration from this recipe, and modified it to suit my own tastes. I like my food flavorful and spicy. I found that the soy sauce was extremely dominating, lending it an Asian taste. I feel that next time I make it, I will either leave out the soy sauce or cut it down. I suggest you make it without the soy sauce, and then decide if you would like to add it.

3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame paste*
1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tsp garlic
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp dried red pepper flakes
Smoked paprika and sesame seeds to sprinkle on top of each serving

Mix the first 7 ingredients together and pour over warm pasta, then sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds and smoked paprika for added flavor and color

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Yum! I just made a peanut sauce for a snack salad (I know, not nut-free, but same idea) that was very similar. I will have to try this sesame seed version. Thanks!

Sister Cooks said...

I tried it with half the soy sauce and it was sensational! I suggest you try it that way first and then decide if you want to add the rest of the soy sauce!