This went over so well, there was none left after Shabbat to take a picture of for the blog! It smelled fantastic as it was cooking, it reheated very well and it's so tasty, you'll never want boxed rice pilaf mixes again!
1 cup wild mushrooms, chopped ( I used oyster mushrooms, but any mushroom with an interesting flavor would work)
1 medium red onion, chopped (shallots would be amazing in this too!)
5 large cloves garlic, diced
2 cups brown rice (I used brown basmati rice, this would be really good with some wild rice mixed in too)
salt and pepper
5 cups water
1. Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
2. Saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic and rice together until all the vegetables are soft.
3. Season with salt, pepper and chopped fresh rosemary.
4. Add the water and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer until most of the water boils away.
6. Mix rice before eating and enjoy!
20 hours ago