This meal was super simple, although had a few steps, and suprised me with how tangy and wonderful it was! I will definatly be using this sauce in many many ways, such as a glaze for potatoes baked in the oven, or over grilled tofu....
The sauce was taken from The Happy Herbivore - who has excellent recipes and you should definatly check out.
2/3 cup yellow mustard( for a kick, I used jalapeno mustard)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp molasses( I didnt have molasses so I used maple syrup)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
cayenne powder as desired (start with 1/8 tsp)
1. whisk all ingredients together in a sauce pan
2. bring to a boil
3. once boiling, reduce to low
4. cook uncovered 5-10 minutes (until thickness to your liking- this took me closed to 15 minutes because I like my sauce thick)
6. store in an air-tight container in the fridge
Quick Tvp Barbeque Sandwiches Ingredients
1 c TVP
1/2 c Water
1 md Onion, chopped fine
Your favorite barbeque sauce
1 Or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1)Mix the TVP with the 1/2 cup water and set aside for 5 minutes.
2)Saute onion in about 1 Tbs. water until almost clear.
3) Add garlic and cook for another minute.
4)Add the reconstituted TVP.
5)The add the barbeque sauce until the mixture is the right consistency for sandwiches. Heat thoroughly and serve.
20 hours ago